Thursday, March 3, 2011

What you lookin' at?


This is more then the title of my post, it is the title of my last message during the SVEFC Worship Service.  I have spent this week thinking back over my message and what God taught me in the preparation of the message. I have come to some conclusions about it and about me. When I look at my life and I look at Jesus and His life, do I see any similarities? Today it all came to the point where I look at the course of my life and see some failuresbut I also see some success. In both of these experiences in my life, I see one constant truth. God and His love for me!

It is that Love that has been on my heart and mind this week. God is Love, He is the purest form of Love. He is the author of Love and the greatest Love story of all time. A love for a people He created, a people who ran away from Him, and a people who while still lost, compelled Him to give up His life for those same people. (Rom. 5:8) So I look at my life and see where God has continued to Love me and I asked myself, do I return that love to Him? To the people in the church God has placed me in? To people I come into contact with everyday? (1 John 4:8).

As we saw on Sunday from Isaiah, Ezekiel, and JohnGod is beautiful, glorious, Holy, and powerful and that alone should compel us to want to serve our creator everyday. But that is not all. God's love for us, His desire to have a relationship with us, His sacrifice for us ,  also compels us to reach out and serve Him. As I am sitting here writing this I realize it challenges you to think about how God has displayed His love for you in your life. As you look back on those moments and I am sure there are many, I hope the Love of God flows over you like rushing waters.

 Regarding my original question God has placed on my heart this week, "Do I see any similarities between Jesus' life and my life? "   My answer, "Not as many as I would like to see." My desire is to grow more and more in my understanding of God, His love, and His desires for my life. To express this understanding every moment of every day to the people God places in my path. With the end goal being that I am a stronger follower of Christ, a better husband, father, pastor, brother, and friend. To get there each day is a challenge, a chance, an opening to trust and believe that God will work in and through me to make me those things.

As I close I leave you with one last passage from Paul as he writes in Philippians 1:5-6:
because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment